The Source Sanctuary
Welcome to The Source Sanctuary - A safe place on the internet where my most
suited software projects will be placed for a public view. All of the selected
projects have been damaged beyond sanity be a sheer number of comments and they
all include an article describing the most interesting points. Fell free to read
the articles, use the code and mail me your thoughts - I do this to share my
discoveries and code with others and eventually improve my own programming
The Source Sanctuary currently hosts the following finished projects:
- SourceSafe Directory Sync - Synchronize a
directory tree with a Visual SourceSafe project, loaded with comments and DIY
style SourceSafe automation code!
- Clipboard Ramifications - Whatever happens when
you cross a Private Clipboard Format Hackertool with the Visual Basic Drag &
- Labyrinth - Create labyrinths
with exactly one soloution, beautifully slow vb com version plus a speedy,
short and unreadable commandline c sample.
- Frontpage 2000 webbot - Create your own webbot
used to extract database contents into html at design time.
Projects under construction (documentation not finished)
- SourceSafe toolbox - Search & Replace labels (using fancy recursive
version manipulation), Select projects & label (prepare for configuration
- SourceSafe Advanced - Getting downright dirty with SourceSafe plugins and
extending the SourceSafe Explorer
- htmlTools - jitTranslate (multiple language versions of the same
html-file) & autoContents (Auto generate table of contents) & autoHtml (easy
maintenance of shared information between html pages)
- Dynamic Flash - Combine fluffy animation with dynamic contents by linking
a flash movie to a web server or using XmlSockets to chat with a vb service.
- Instant Message - Send and receive instant messages on sockets with VB
Service based server using SQL server and automation based vb client.
Planned projects (not documented yet)
- Driving Crystal Reports - A quick walk-through of satisfying your basic
reporting needs with Crystal Reports.
- Crystal Reports Multi Language - Maintain one version of your report,
automatically generate multiple language versions from that one.
- Outlook with an Attitude - Just how much MAPI/CDO/Automation it takes to
make your application professionally complicated with Outlook!
- Protocol to heaven - Roll your own url style protocols
to VSS items without any COM mumbojumbo.
Feel free to share your comments with me.